For more details and updates go to: http://www.sbe16sydney.be.unsw.edu.au/index.html
Tag Archives: buildings
The Sustainability Services Team at the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) have two vacancies for a Technical Coordinator.
How to apply
Closing date for applications: COB Friday 2 October 2015
Please email your covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Better Buildings Partnership (BBP) is offering internship opportunities in specific projects to give students from the Master in Sustainable Development – UNSW ownership and focus on practical work-streams in the following areas:
– Waste from Fitout – The BBP recognises a large amount of waste currently goes to landfill from churn of tenancy fitouts. We have commissioned research on the most wasteful materials and what potential futures they could have (reusing, recycling or upcycling) before landfill, and are conducting trials on matching social enterprise with market-creators in this space. We are keen to have a student passionate about materials, interior design, and with a bit of an engineering/architecture twist to champion this stream. In the next year we are looking to run a design competition for finding the best and most market-ready opportunities for high-impact materials and continuing trials to prove best practice.
– Data and Trends – The BBP captures raw consumption data (emissions, energy, waste, water) and building attributes (age, size, ratings, value, etc) for over 2.5 million sqm of space in the Sydney CBD. This data is used for trending and analysis, league tables and targeted research on the value of buildings and performance. We would like a data-hungry student who knows systems like Microsoft Excel very well and can identify and understand trends in large tracts of data.
– Operational Waste – BBP members spend large amounts on waste leaving their buildings for recycling and landfill, with very limited controls and best practice observed by contractors and building managers. A large piece of work will be completing outlining best contracts, grading of waste practices and conversions from densities to weights for reporting purposes. Alongside finalization of this work, we will begin to embed the learning and outputs into industry practice (training courses, presentations, written articles, case studies) and would like someone keen on learning how to influence industry with new tools.
Anyone looking for work experience and interested in volunteering some time with exposure to a highly commercial, council, and industry setting please contact Ben Thomas (an alumnus himself of Sustainable Development program) noting what project you are keen to champion and what piques your interest about it. Please attach a copy of your CV.
Contact: Ben Thomas
Come and get a glimpse of a Living Future.
One of the first buildings in Australia to take up the Living Building Challenge, the LFIA and University of Wollongong invite you to join us for a tour of the newly-opened SBRC.
The day’s events will include:
- 10:00am Brief intro to the Living Building Challenge, from Amanda Sturgeon, Vice President, Living Building Challenge
- 10:30am A summary of this year’s achievements and plans for 2014 by LFIA board members
- 11:00am A tour of the SBRC , guided by people involved in the design and operation of the building
- 12:00pm Lunch
For more information on the Living Future Institute of Australia, go to:
The SBRC is located at: Innovation Campus,
Squires Way, North Wollongong, NSW
“Modernising Building Energy Codes to Secure our Global Energy future”