Association of Building Sustainability Assessors trying to expand ABSA’s library of CPD webinars and moving away from the usual “how to” topics and develop more technical webinars targeted at highly experienced and already knowledgeable assessors. Are you or someone you know who might be working on appropriate topics who might be able to help ABSA? What is normally done is get the expert to put together a simple Powerpoint slide show then ABSA captures a voice recording of them explaining the slides and merge the two into an MP4 recording for publication. The sorts of topics ABSA is thinking about are:
- Energy modelling of modular housing and pre-fab apartments.
- Zero energy design – 10 star and beyond.
- Building information modelling for residential buildings.
- Solar thermal airconditioning for residential.
- Using NatHERS tools in “non-rating” mode to enhance design.
- Post construction testing and verification methods for residential.
- Modelling phase change materials – solid-to-solid.
- Building integrated photo voltaics.
- Solar/distributed power communities.
Any ideas or contacts you could pass on would be most appreciated. For more information contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Association of Building Sustainability Assessors (ABSA)
t: 1300 889 438 | f: (02) 9212 1468 | e: R.Hills@absa.net.au