The CRC for Low Carbon Living is hosting representatives from the Beijing Municipal Commission. We see this is a great opportunity to host a workshop focusing on Green buildings and carbon initiatives in Australia and China (with particular focus on Beijing City)
Where: LG03, Tyree Energy Technologies Building, University of New South Wales
When: Wednesday 11th December, 9.30am – 12.30pm
‘Research underpinning a globally competitive green buildings sector’
– Prof Deo Prasad – CEO, CRC for Low Carbon Living
Action on Green Building’
– Dr Lurong Li – Deputy Division Director, Building Energy Saving and Building Materials Management Division, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development
‘Greening buildings – City of Sydney’ (TBC)
– Chris Derksema – Director of Sustainability, City of Sydney
‘AECOM Sustainable Design Capability’
– Lester Partridge – Technical Director and Global Leader of Advanced Design and Applied Research, AECOM
‘Delivering a six star building at Shelley Street’
– Warwick Johnson –Director NSW and QLD, Brookfield Multiplex –
– Brett Pollard – Head of Knowledge and Sustainability, HASSELL
The presentations will be followed by a tour of the Tyree Energy Technologies Building, a 6-star energy rated building.
Please RSVP to Maria Schwensen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 9th December.
Click here for a map of the UNSW Campus. Tyree Energy and Technologies Building is H6 on map.
Paid parking is available in UNSW Western Services car park and Barker St Parking Station (Buildings G2 and N18 on Map) or there is an abundance of on-street parking nearby.
There is regular and various public transport options to the campus (see http://www.transport.unsw.edu.au).